I’m pretty sure we all have our own guilty pleasures. Well here are some of mine.
- I love fanfiction, however, I do not like writing it. Or maybe I just never tried. I can spend hours and hours just reading Harry Potter, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanfiction (not mixed together, that would be too freakish for me – even for AU). I have to admit, I even indulge in reading smut from time to time.
- Schadenfreude, according to Wikipedia, is “enjoyment taken from the misfortune of someone else.” Don’t worry, I’m not a total sadist. Although I have to admit, I do feel this when something happens to someone I dislike a lot. Although, no, death doesn’t count. It’s more of an “oh look, the person I don’t like tripped and fell on some mud, haha” kind of thing. Still cruel? Perhaps I need to invest in some self defense products
- Reality TV is addictive. And the dirtier, the better. Never mind that it’s a total misnomer. Never mind that it’s one big setup. Never mind that it’s heavily edited to make it look more dramatic or controversial than it actually is. Never mind that it thrives on humiliation, scandal. It’s entertaining.
- Coca Cola. It’s bad for me. It’s bad for everyone. It’s unhealthy, period. But it’s sinfully good. Especially on a very very hot day.
- Junk food. Chocolate, potato chips, ice cream sandwiches, fizzy drinks, anything salty or sweet. I know they’re unhealthy, but sometimes I just like to binge.
- I spend more money on film than on food. I may already have a digital SLR, but I don’t have a digital rangefinder (and I honestly don’t plan to get one). So I still have a stash of film at home. Soon, I may also start splurging on developing chemicals. My dad is currently digging around our old house for our old darkroom equipment.
- Her Space Holiday is officially my newest addiction. My interest in electronica is being renewed.
Oh yeah, I’m currently working on decreasing my Coca Cola consumption.